Annual General Meeting was May 3rd
Thank you to those of you who attended our AGM on May 3rd. Although attendance was very low, we all enjoyed a delicious brunch, and got to chat about some of the issues that are occurring in our beautiful neighbourhood. We would like to welcome the current 2009-2010 Glenwood Community League executive.
Gary Racich – President (RETURNING)
Clayton Johnson – Vice President (RETURNING)
- Gaming Director (RETURNING)
- Sports Director (RETURNING)
Sheri Brydges – Secretary (RETURNING)
Harriet Fortuin – Treasurer (RETURNING)
Charlotte Larsen – Facility Director (RETURNING)
Michele Bugera – Membership Director (RETURNING)
– Newsletter Director (RETURNING)
Shannon Nichols – Program Director (New Member – Welcome!)
Ways to be a part of the community…
- Purchase a membership. Memberships in Glenwood Community League are still (after almost 20 years) only $25.00 per household and seniors 60+ are FREE! Memberships for 2009/2010 will be available at our Annual General Meeting on May 3rd, at 10am (or email glenwoodcommunity ‘at’ hotmail ‘dot’ com or call Michele at 780-439-3169).
- Come to a community league event –
- Come and play cards (Euchre) on a Tuesday – beginners welcome
- drop in at a community league meeting (first Thursday of every month, except summer months)
- come to Community Swim at Jasper Place Pool on a Sunday, 3-5pm (with membership)
- come to Hockey Night in Glenwood
- sign up for Adopt-A-Block to keep your street clean
- meet new friends and neighbours at our 70th Birthday Bash this fall
- register your children for one of the City of Edmonton programs going on at the hall this summer
- drop in to check out our summer Playground Program with your kids, nephews, nieces, grandkids or friends
- organize a block party on your street
- attend our annual Christmas Party
Mark your Calendar… September 12th, 2009 is the BIG DAY!
What Does a 70th Birthday Bash for a Community Look Like?
Fantastic food, fun, fireworks, friends, family, dancing, jumpy things for kids, door prizes, networking, neighbours, games and so much more!! This will be our biggest community event in YEARS and we are hoping to see so many people, new to the community and those who have been here for years joining together for a day of excitement. Email Michele at glenwoodcommunity ‘at’ hotmail ‘dot’ com to get more information or to volunteer your expertise!
Upcoming Scrapbooking Day Out
Katherine hosts scrapbooking days at the hall approximately every 2 months on a Saturday…. please contact her for upcoming dates at kewchuk ‘at’ telus ‘dot’ net or visit her website for more information at www.createwithkatherine.myctmh.com.
Join us for Euchre every Tuesday night at the Glenwood Community Hall. Registration at 6:30pm, games begin at 7pm. Anyone can come to play.
Family and Kids’ Stuff…
Registration for registered programs IS NOW ON!
We have two programs right here in our neighbourhood!
Go online at www.edmonton.ca and search Summer Program Guide for more information, or pick one up at City facilities. Register early to get your spot!
Green Thumbs (3-5 Years) 9-11:30 A.M. Class 317740 – $55 (August 10-14)
Come and get the scoop on growing flowers and vegetables. Learn some neat ways that our insect friends help us out in the garden! Planting seeds, crafting some beautiful bugs and making cool garden markers are all part of the fun!
Wild at Art (6-9 Years) 1:30-4 P.M. Class 318124 – $59 (August 10-14)
Explore the world of art in this program. Sample everything from molding clay, paper maché and painting in different forms.
Glenwood will once again be running FREE summer drop in playground program at the community league playground this summer. Please come out and enjoy games, crafts and other dramatic play. Last year was a great success, and we look forward to even higher numbers this year.
Don’t Forget about Free Swimming… (SUNDAYS 3-5)
With your Glenwood Membership, you can participate with your family at our Community Swim at Jasper Place Pool on Sundays from 3-5pm until the end of June.
Other Glenwood Information:
Have your say and find out about… Community development, League spending and changes, Programs offered, What’s new in Glenwood?
Community League meetings are open to everyone and are generally held at the hall at 7pm on the first Thursday of every month.
Are you hosting a birthday party? Baby or bridal shower? Family Reunion? Family Christmas Party? Consider renting the Glenwood Community Hall.
Friday/Saturday rentals: Members $150*, Non-Members $400
Sunday-Thursday rentals: Members $75*, Non-Members $150
Call the Facility Director, Charlotte at 444-0411
* Must be a member in good standing.