Donations needed for Edmonton’s Food Bank
Each month year-round, more than 15,000 people are assisted by hamper programs, which are supported by Edmonton’s Food Bank. The organization also provides food to soup kitchens, shelters, snacks to school children and other programs assisting those less fortunate throughout our community. Edmonton’s Food Bank also provides programming that includes direct client services such as referrals to other agencies to ensure people are supported as much as possible.
During the holiday and festive season, we supply the following:
- turkeys and other food to community groups who serve meals to the disadvantaged; and
- festive hampers to people in need.
Our services are provided year-round. Our holiday campaign runs from November 21, 2011 to January 6, 2012 and our campaign goals for this year are 225,000 kilograms of food and $1,000,000.
At this point, Edmonton’s Food Bank has collected 60% of its food goal 50% of its fundraising goal. The public can support the Food Bank in the following ways:
- Participating in events such as Candy Cane Lane, CBC Turkey Drive, the Citadel Theatre’s Christmas Carol and more;
- Online contributions can be made by visiting www.edmontonsfoodbank.com and linking to the Canada Helps button at the top right corner;
- All major grocery stores will accept food donations; and
- Donors may drop off directly to Edmonton’s Food Bank at 11508 – 120 Street or by calling 780.425.2133.