Thank You to Edmonton Fire Rescue

We’re very fortunate here in Glenwood to live in close proximity to Fire, EMS, and Police services.  Our thanks to Edmonton Fire Rescue for a quick response to a house fire in the community yesterday evening.

Fire Chief warns of possible dryer danger

Chris Gardner, ctvedmonton.ca

Homeowners are being warned about the importance of maintaining their appliances after a smoky incident in west Edmonton, late Sunday.

Crews responded to a house near 161 Street and 96 Avenue, around 9:30 pm, after reports of a dryer on fire. By the time they arrived, the flames had already spread to the home’s electrical system and the rest of the basement.

“There’s a good chance there was a build up inside the dryer of lint and stuff like that,” says Fire Chief Ray Barron. “[You must] get them maintained [and] keep the airways nice and clear.”

The homeowner was taken to hospital, but only for precautionary reasons.

More @ CTV.ca

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s